    --
    "Was heute Zeit heißt, ist ein technologisches Konzept,
    das asynchron zu den Rhythmen des Lebens läuft."

    Stefan Waizmann, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Stefan Waizmann wrote:
    > I would like the distutils are creating a binary distribution only - means
    > create the distribution file with *.pyc files WITHOUT the *.py files. Any
    > ideas?

    You will need to create your own command. You can either specialize the
    build command, to not copy the source code (more specifically, the
    build_py command), or you modify the relevant bdist_* command to not
    include the "built" .py files into the binary distribution.

    Once you have implemented the derived commands, you pass them to the
    setup function in the cmdclass keyword argument.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Mar 9, 2005