distutils: binary distribution?

Stefan Waizmann

Hello,

I would like the distutils are creating a binary distribution only - means
create the distribution file with *.pyc files WITHOUT the *.py files. Any
ideas? Or are the distutils the wrong tool for that?
"setup.py bdist" creates binary dist, but includes the sourcecode

cheers

Stefan

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Stefan said:
I would like the distutils are creating a binary distribution only - means
create the distribution file with *.pyc files WITHOUT the *.py files. Any
ideas?

You will need to create your own command. You can either specialize the
build command, to not copy the source code (more specifically, the
build_py command), or you modify the relevant bdist_* command to not
include the "built" .py files into the binary distribution.

Once you have implemented the derived commands, you pass them to the
setup function in the cmdclass keyword argument.

Regards,
Martin