Distutils Error while building 'win32com.client' extension

Discussion in 'Python' started by Math, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Math

    Math Guest

    Hello python people,

    Can you help me out please.
    I get the folllowing Error while trying to build a installer with the
    Distutils module:
    building 'win32com.client' extension....
    'Python was built with version 7.1 of Visual Studio, and extensions need to
    be built with the same version of the compiler, but it isn't installed.'

    I don't konw which library to use so here's my setup.py :

    setup(name='Marathon Manager',\
    version='0.1.0',\
    author='Math',\
    py_modules=['modMain','modWindows','modDialogs','modDataBase','ADOConstants'],\
    data_files=[('bitmaps', ['gif/schoen.bmp', 'if/run.jpg'])],\
    ext_modules=[Extension('win32com.client', ['pythoncom.lib'])])

    Thank you all (Again :))
    Math, Feb 26, 2006