distutils: Every file doubled in binary distri

Discussion in 'Python' started by Torsten Bronger, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Hallöchen!

    I have a very simple package structure with one directory denoting a
    package (with __init__.py file of course). In my setup.py I write

    packages=['my_package']

    Then I call "python setup.py bdist_dumb" on ym Linux box. The
    resulting tar ball contains every file twice, e.g.

    ../usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/my_package/my_module.py
    ../usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/my_module.py

    Why is this? (The source distri doesn't show this effect.)

    Tschö,
    Torsten.

    Torsten Bronger, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Hallöchen!

    Ingrid Bronger <-aachen.de> writes:

    > [...]
    >
    > Then I call "python setup.py bdist_dumb" on ym Linux box. The
    > resulting tar ball contains every file twice, e.g.
    >
    > ./usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/my_package/my_module.py
    > ./usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/my_module.py
    >
    > Why is this? (The source distri doesn't show this effect.)

    Forget it, false alert. It was probably obsolete rubbish of earlier
    calls in build/.

    Tschö,
    Torsten.

    Torsten Bronger, Jun 25, 2005