distutils help

Mark Jaffe

I am customizing a setup script and need to pass in some additional
parameters specifying includes and libs. The build_ext lists some user
variables such as "include-dirs" and "library-dirs" but I am unclear on
how to access these within the setup.py. Are there any distutils gurus
here?

Mark Jaffe
Chandler Build/Release Engineer
OSAF

Michal Vitecek

Mark said:
I am customizing a setup script and need to pass in some additional
parameters specifying includes and libs. The build_ext lists some user
variables such as "include-dirs" and "library-dirs" but I am unclear on
how to access these within the setup.py. Are there any distutils gurus
here?

setup(
name = "xxx",
ext_modules = [
Extension("xxx",
sources = ["a.c", "b.c",],
include_dirs = [get_python_inc(plat_specific = 1),
"my_own_include_dir",]),
],
)

try to look at other setup.py files - they might help you a lot.