distutils: How "uninclude" one Python file and/or one .h (C header) file???

Christian Seberino

I specify packages in my setup.py but what if I want
all py files in a directory but one???

How remove just that one?? (Without listing all files I want explicitly??)

I need header files to build a C extension but I DON't want headers
installed.

*How do I include header files in the tar.gz (tarball) file but NOT have
them be installed when "python setup.py install" done??

Chris

Luca Fini

I saw a number of questions about distutils. I know how to answer to this
one:

You can use the file MANIFEST.in (see section 7.2 of the distutils manual)
and put the command "exclude" in it.

I've also had the problem of doing some "postinstall" operations with
distutils. I simply put them into the setup.py file after a clause:

if 'install' in sys.argv:

But maybe there are better option (it's my first time with distutils)

l.f.

I specify packages in my setup.py but what if I want
all py files in a directory but one???

How remove just that one?? (Without listing all files I want explicitly??)

I need header files to build a C extension but I DON't want headers
installed.

*How do I include header files in the tar.gz (tarball) file but NOT have
them be installed when "python setup.py install" done??

Chris

-- ) Luca Fini Tel: +39 055 2752 307
___ |\ INAF - Oss. Astrofisico di Arcetri Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___) 50125 Firenze / WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
(_) (_) Italia / e-mail: (e-mail address removed)