distutils not finding all of my pure python modules

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeremy, Jan 21, 2010.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    I have a small set of Python packages/modules that I am putting
    together. I'm having trouble in that when I run

    python setup.py sdist

    I don't get all of my pure python modules. The setup.py script I use
    is:

    # =====================================
    from distutils.core import setup

    purePythonModules = ['regex', 'gnuFile']

    setup(name='PythonForSafeguards',
    version='0.9.1',
    description = 'Python code for MCNP and Safeguards analysis.',
    author = 'Jake the Snake',
    author_email = '',
    packages = ['MCNP', 'Safeguards'],
    url='http://lanl.gov',
    py_modules = purePythonModules,
    )

    # =========================================

    Everythin seems to work fine except the gnuFile.py script does not get
    put into the distribution. I know the file exists in the same
    directory as regex.py and has the same permissions.

    Does anyone know what is going on here? I'm using Python 2.6.4.

    Thanks,
    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Jan 21, 2010

  2. En Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:41:20 -0300, Jeremy <> escribió:

    > from distutils.core import setup
    >
    > purePythonModules = ['regex', 'gnuFile']
    >
    > setup(name='PythonForSafeguards',
    > version='0.9.1',
    > description = 'Python code for MCNP and Safeguards analysis.',
    > author = 'Jake the Snake',
    > author_email = '',
    > packages = ['MCNP', 'Safeguards'],
    > url='http://lanl.gov',
    > py_modules = purePythonModules,
    > )

    > Everythin seems to work fine except the gnuFile.py script does not get
    > put into the distribution. I know the file exists in the same
    > directory as regex.py and has the same permissions.

    regex.py and gnuFile.py must be in the same directory as setup.py, ok?

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Jan 24, 2010