distutils on Win32 using .NET Framework SDK

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jerry He, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Jerry He

    Jerry He Guest

    Hi,
    I was trying to build a C++ extension on Win32 with
    distutils. The extension worked on Cygwin but when I
    tried it with the Win32-build python, it complained
    that I don't have .NET Framework SDK installed. But
    after I installed .NET Framework SDK 2.0, it still
    complains
    "error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed
    before building extensions for Python." (I also did
    try restarting my computer)

    Does anyone know how to make the .NET Framework SDK
    visible to Python?

    thanks in advance,

    -Jerry

    http://mail.yahoo.com

    Jerry He, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Jerry He wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was trying to build a C++ extension on Win32 with
    > distutils. The extension worked on Cygwin but when I
    > tried it with the Win32-build python, it complained
    > that I don't have .NET Framework SDK installed. But
    > after I installed .NET Framework SDK 2.0, it still
    > complains
    > "error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed
    > before building extensions for Python." (I also did
    > try restarting my computer)
    >
    > Does anyone know how to make the .NET Framework SDK
    > visible to Python?

    It looks in
    HKEY_{LOCAL_MACHINE,CURRENT_USER}\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\FrameworkSDKDir

    This registry key should be set automatically if you choose to
    install the SDK that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003.
    Not sure why you are trying to install .NET 2.0, though.

    Regards,
    Martin

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Aug 15, 2005

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=, Aug 15, 2005