distutils on Win32 using .NET Framework SDK

Jerry He

Hi,
I was trying to build a C++ extension on Win32 with
distutils. The extension worked on Cygwin but when I
tried it with the Win32-build python, it complained
that I don't have .NET Framework SDK installed. But
after I installed .NET Framework SDK 2.0, it still
complains
"error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed
before building extensions for Python." (I also did
try restarting my computer)

Does anyone know how to make the .NET Framework SDK
visible to Python?

thanks in advance,

-Jerry

http://mail.yahoo.com

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Jerry said:
Hi,
I was trying to build a C++ extension on Win32 with
distutils. The extension worked on Cygwin but when I
tried it with the Win32-build python, it complained
that I don't have .NET Framework SDK installed. But
after I installed .NET Framework SDK 2.0, it still
complains
"error: The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed
before building extensions for Python." (I also did
try restarting my computer)

Does anyone know how to make the .NET Framework SDK
visible to Python?

It looks in
HKEY_{LOCAL_MACHINE,CURRENT_USER}\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\FrameworkSDKDir

This registry key should be set automatically if you choose to
install the SDK that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003.
Not sure why you are trying to install .NET 2.0, though.

Regards,
Martin

?