distutils question

tcronj

Hi,

I've written a disutils setup scripts to create a binary win32
installation package. All works fine but I have 2 questions.
(usage: python setup.py bdist --formats=wininst)

1.) The is application is commandline driven. I want the distribution
..exe to copy certian .py files into a spesified or current directory,
rather than into the site-packages/package directory.

2.) How do I specify that only .pyc files gets distributed. (I want to
hold on to the source until the money is in the bank :)

thnx
Tertius

David Fraser

tcronj said:
Hi,

I've written a disutils setup scripts to create a binary win32
installation package. All works fine but I have 2 questions.
(usage: python setup.py bdist --formats=wininst)

1.) The is application is commandline driven. I want the distribution
.exe to copy certian .py files into a spesified or current directory,
rather than into the site-packages/package directory.
This should be exaplined in the distutils documentation
2.) How do I specify that only .pyc files gets distributed. (I want to
hold on to the source until the money is in the bank :)

See
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=305470&aid=793070&group_id=5470
Its a patch I submitted to add a remove-source option (it may need some
reworking... let me know if you need an updated Python 2.3.3 version)

David