Distutils questions.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Rui_Faustino_de_Sousa?=

Hi!

I am writing a package installation using distutils it is very nice but
I have it two snags:

setup(...
data_files=[("foo",["*.data""])],\
....)

setup.py install --prefix=/usr/bar/baz

a) Shouldn't the *.data syntax work?

b) Why does it install the data files on /usr/bar/baz/foo and not in
/usr/bar/baz/share/foo like the documentation seems to imply?

Everything else seems to work as advertised scripts go to <prefix>/bin
packages to <prefix>/lib/python2.4/site-packages...

Is it me or is it a bug?

Best regards
José Rui