Distutils: setup script for binary files

Roman Yakovenko

Hi. I want to create setup script, that will install compiled extension module
plus few binaries the extension module depends on.

For example: I have package X:

X:
__init__.py
_x_.dll ( or so )
some other dll's ( so's ) _x_.dll depends on.

I took a look on Python documentation,
http://docs.python.org/dist/describing-extensions.html, but it only
describes how to create
setup script for extension module from source files.

I think, I can treat _x_.dll as it was regular Python script. My
problem is, that on Linux
I should put "some other so's" in some directory, program loader can find.
How can I do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks