Discussion in 'HTML' started by Fred, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Is it acceptable to assign a class to a <div> within <td>?

    Fred, Feb 15, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Fred <> writing
    in news::

    > Is it acceptable to assign a class to a <div> within <td>?

    Why would you put a div in a td, unless you are abusing tables.
    But the answer to your question, is yes, any element except BASE, BASEFONT,
    HEAD, HTML, META, PARAM, SCRIPT, STYLE and TITLE can use the class
    attribute.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Barbara de Zoete, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:17:51 +0100, "Barbara de Zoete"
    <> wrote:

    >Did you try? Did it validate? What do you think then?

    Yea it works, I just wanted your thinking on it that's all

    Thanks

    Fred, Feb 15, 2006