DIV background-repeat background-image? For shadow effect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jc, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. jc

    jc Guest

    RE: DIV background-repeat background-image?

    Sorry I know this is more an HTML question, but thought you guys might
    know.

    I'm trying to use style background repeat with DIV to get a shadow
    effect by repeating an image. I've seen people do this with TABLE, but
    I don't want to use table. Possible?

    The below results in nothing showing up. what am I doing wrong? I've
    tried placing text in the DIV as well.

    background-image:'App_Themes/xxxxImages/top_bg_shadow.gif'" >

    Thanks for any help or information.

    jc, Mar 19, 2008

  2. jc

    Aidy Guest

    background-image: url('App_Themes/xxxxImages/top_bg_shadow.gif');

    Aidy, Mar 19, 2008

  3. jc

    jc Guest

    THANK YOU!

    Would you happen to know how can I do the same thing vertically on the
    right of my header and content areas?

    Say I have a DIV for my header (800px wide), a menu below that (800
    wide), that shading image (800 wide), my content page area (800), and
    to the right of all of those I want a shading about (10px) based on an
    image.

    Will I have to use TABLE or an absolute positioned DIV?

    The way the original site is doing it is with Table Width:

    <TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(Images\shadow.gif); WIDTH: 2%;
    BACKGROUND-REPEAT: repeat" valign="top" align="left" height="100%"
    rowspan="3"></TD>

    Thanks in advance.

    jc, Mar 19, 2008
  4. jc

    Aidy Guest

    You can position DIVs side-by-side if you use the float attribute. Google
    "float css" and you'll find loads about it.

    Aidy, Mar 19, 2008