DIV drawing on other div

Discussion in 'HTML' started by liorlew, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. liorlew

    liorlew Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
    and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
    the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

    this is my code:
    </head>
    HEADER

    rleft side

    FOOTER

    the css is:

    body {
    text-align: center;
    min-width: 700;
    }
    #wrapper {
    text-align: left;
    margin: 0px auto;
    padding: 0px;
    border:0;
    width: 750px;

    }

    #header {
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
    margin: 0 0 2px 0;
    background: #F0FFFF;
    }

    #pubs_top {
    background: #F0FFFF;
    margin: 2 0 1px 0;
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
    }

    #menu {
    background-image: url("line.bmp");
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    margin: 0 0 1px 0;
    hight:50;
    }

    #side-a {
    float: left;
    width: 150px;
    background: #F0FFFF;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
    }

    #side-b {
    float: right;
    width: 150px;
    background: #F0FFFF;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    margin-top: 2px;
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;

    }

    #content {
    float: left;
    background: #F0FFFF;
    width: 58.5%;
    margin: 2 5 2px 5;
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
    }

    #footer {
    background: #F0FFFF;
    border: 1 solid #ADD8E6;
    }

    does anyone have an idea?

    Thanks,

    Lior

    liorlew, Apr 27, 2008

  2. liorlew

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    liorlew <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
    > and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
    > the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).
    >
    > this is my code:

    > does anyone have an idea?

    You better read

    http://www.htmldog.com/

    You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
    very basic things here.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 27, 2008

  3. liorlew

    liorlew Guest

    On Apr 26, 9:44 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  liorlew <> wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
    > > and 3 columns. the  problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
    > > the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

    > > this is my code:
    > > does anyone have an idea?

    > You better read
    >
    > http://www.htmldog.com/
    >
    > You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
    > very basic things here.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
    after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
    the same results.

    --
    Lior

    liorlew, Apr 27, 2008
  4. liorlew

    John Hosking Guest

    liorlew wrote:
    > On Apr 26, 9:44 pm, dorayme wrote:

    >> liorlew wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>> I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
    >>> and 3 columns. the problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
    >>> the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).
    >>> this is my code:
    >>> does anyone have an idea?

    >> You better read
    >>
    >> http://www.htmldog.com/
    >>
    >> You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
    >> very basic things here.

    > Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
    > after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
    > the same results.

    Snip sigs in replies
    Validate code
    Provide URLs
    HAND

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

    John Hosking, Apr 27, 2008
  5. On Apr 27, 11:07 am, liorlew <> wrote:
    > On Apr 26, 9:44 pm, dorayme <> wrote:
    >

    > > In article
    > > <>,

    > >  liorlew <> wrote:
    > > > Hello,

    > > > I am trying to create a html page (with css) that have a header footer
    > > > and 3 columns. the  problem is that when I put more than 3 lines in
    > > > the center left or right div, it write all over the footer (hides it).

    > > > this is my code:
    > > > does anyone have an idea?

    > > You better read

    > >http://www.htmldog.com/

    > > You can't have numbers without units in your css and so on, just very
    > > very basic things here.

    > > --
    > > dorayme

    > Thank you for your reply, I am reading this site. nonetheless, even
    > after adding the units ( for examle margin: 2px 0 1px 0), and getting
    > the same results.
    >
    > --
    > Lior- Hide quoted text -

    Look up clear in css. This may be what you need.

    Helpful person, Apr 28, 2008