    corresponding sections on the left are OK.

    Thanks,

    Bill
    bill, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2005

  3. bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...&warning=2&uri=http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox
    Jedi Fans, Aug 4, 2005
  4. bill

    bill Guest

    Blinky the Shark said the following on 8/4/2005 3:53 PM:
    > bill wrote:
    >

    >>It seems very prolematic.

    > Something the proletariat does without even thinking about it? :)

    Yes, considering we proletariat's are discouraged more and more from use
    of tables for layout in favor of using div's.

    If you sit on the board of a large corporation, please forgive me.

    But yes, I did mean to say problematic.

    bill, Aug 4, 2005
  5. bill

    bill Guest

    Jedi Fans said the following on 8/4/2005 3:59 PM:
    > bill wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm kind of new to using DIV's as opposed to TABLE's for page layout.
    >>
    >> It seems very prolematic. I'm sure it's because I've many mistakes,
    >> but I'm getting frustrated. See http://ace-co.ath.cx/products for
    >> example. Yes I'm using inline frames, sorry. The borders are for debug.
    >>
    >> At the moment, I'm just testing with MS Explorer and Firefox. MS
    >> Explorer looks OK, but not Firefox on this page. I can't figure out
    >> what I did wrong. The text in the DIV class=overview is lowered on the
    >> right-side DIV's and bleeds into the DIV on the bottom. The
    >> corresponding sections on the left are OK.

    > http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...&warning=2&uri=http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/

    Ok. Thanks.

    I put in my missing semi-colons and added units to my border/margin
    specs. Still same problem.
    bill, Aug 4, 2005
  6. bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    bill wrote:
    >> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...&warning=2&uri=http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/
    >>

    > Ok. Thanks.
    >
    > I put in my missing semi-colons and added units to my border/margin
    > specs. Still same problem.

    get the web developer toolbar for firefox, many many things can be
    learnt about a page through it...
    <URL:http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/>

    im not quite sure i get the problem you are talking about btw

    Jedi Fans, Aug 4, 2005
  7. bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Jedi Fans wrote:
    > bill wrote:
    >>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...&warning=2&uri=http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/
    >>>

    >> Ok. Thanks.
    >>
    >> I put in my missing semi-colons and added units to my border/margin
    >> specs. Still same problem.

    > get the web developer toolbar for firefox, many many things can be
    > learnt about a page through it...
    > <URL:http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/>
    >
    > im not quite sure i get the problem you are talking about btw

    nvm problem solved:
    DIV.lclearer {
    clear: both;
    line-height: 0;
    height: 0;
    }

    DIV.rclearer {
    line-height: 3;
    height: 3;
    }

    = not the same

    Jedi Fans, Aug 4, 2005
  8. In article <3dtIe.1571$>,
    bill <> wrote:

    > I'm kind of new to using DIV's as opposed to TABLE's for page layout.

    You aren't using one div in <http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/>, and with
    the intro, I thought you would be.

    > At the moment, I'm just testing with MS Explorer and Firefox. MS
    > Explorer looks OK, but not Firefox on this page. I can't figure out what
    > I did wrong. The text in the DIV class=overview is lowered on the
    > right-side DIV's and bleeds into the DIV on the bottom. The
    > corresponding sections on the left are OK.

    There's not one div in the source of the page you are referring to. I
    will tell you that "Batching System" on "Scorpion Batching", "Dispatch
    Software" and "Moisture Control" is in the middle of the lower border
    for that section and looks like a strikethrough in Safari.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/
    Leonard Blaisdell, Aug 4, 2005
  9. bill

    kchayka Guest

    bill wrote:

    > I'm getting frustrated. See http://ace-co.ath.cx/products for example.
    >
    > Explorer looks OK, but not Firefox on this page.

    What you are probably seeing is IE's broken default overflow behavior,
    compared to FF's conformance to the CSS specs. BTW, the default is
    overflow:visible.

    When you set the height property, IE treats it as min-height instead,
    then expands the element as needed to fit the content. This is incorrect
    behavior. FF and other conforming browsers restrict the height to the
    specified value and let the content "spill out".

    If you change that height property to min-height, then conforming
    browsers should do the same as IE does now.

    Before you do anything, though, validate your HTML and CSS and fix the
    errors. That will eliminate syntax errors as a cause of rendering problems.

    kchayka, Aug 4, 2005
  10. Jedi Fans wrote:
    > Jedi Fans wrote:

    >>> Ok. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> I put in my missing semi-colons and added units to my border/margin
    >>> specs. Still same problem.

    >> get the web developer toolbar for firefox, many many things can be
    >> learnt about a page through it...
    >> <URL:http://chrispederick.com/work/firefox/webdeveloper/>
    >>
    >> im not quite sure i get the problem you are talking about btw

    > nvm problem solved:
    > DIV.lclearer {
    > clear: both;
    > line-height: 0;
    > height: 0;
    > }
    >
    > DIV.rclearer {
    > line-height: 3;
    > height: 3;
    > }
    >
    > = not the same

    At one point they were the same but that was no better. Before that, I
    had tried a single DIV.clearer, but it looked like in Firefox, the
    clear: both was not only sending the text clear of the float-ing image,
    but clear of the DIV to the right as well. So I tried a seperate
    DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me somewhere
    closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    --
    Cheers,

    bill
    Bill McCormick, Aug 5, 2005
  11. Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
    > In article <3dtIe.1571$>,
    > bill <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'm kind of new to using DIV's as opposed to TABLE's for page layout.

    > You aren't using one div in <http://ace-co.ath.cx/products/>, and with
    > the intro, I thought you would be.

    All the DIV's are in the document that is loaded into the iframe.

    >>At the moment, I'm just testing with MS Explorer and Firefox. MS
    >>Explorer looks OK, but not Firefox on this page. I can't figure out what
    >>I did wrong. The text in the DIV class=overview is lowered on the
    >>right-side DIV's and bleeds into the DIV on the bottom. The
    >>corresponding sections on the left are OK.

    > There's not one div in the source of the page you are referring to. I
    > will tell you that "Batching System" on "Scorpion Batching", "Dispatch
    > Software" and "Moisture Control" is in the middle of the lower border
    > for that section and looks like a strikethrough in Safari.
    >
    > leo

    Probably an ill effect of the inline frame I'm using to speed
    development. I need to get rid of that asap.

    --
    Cheers,

    bill
    Bill McCormick, Aug 5, 2005
  12. bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Bill McCormick wrote:
    > At one point they were the same but that was no better. Before that, I
    > had tried a single DIV.clearer, but it looked like in Firefox, the
    > clear: both was not only sending the text clear of the float-ing image,
    > but clear of the DIV to the right as well. So I tried a seperate
    > DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me somewhere
    > closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    clear:right; on the DIV.rclearer then?

    Jedi Fans, Aug 5, 2005
  13. bill

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Bill McCormick quothed:

    > So I tried a seperate
    > DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me somewhere
    > closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    Know exactly what you mean. I tried picking-up my cubicle-neighbor's
    secretary and it seemed like I was getting closer to her, too, but then,
    alas, I had to leave for the day.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2005
  14. Neredbojias said the following on 8/5/2005 7:01 AM:
    > With neither quill nor qualm, Bill McCormick quothed:
    >

    >>So I tried a seperate
    >>DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me somewhere
    >>closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    > Know exactly what you mean. I tried picking-up my cubicle-neighbor's
    > secretary and it seemed like I was getting closer to her, too, but then,
    > alas, I had to leave for the day.

    If she's better looking than a CRT, I might consider prolonging the day.
    But then again, there's always mañana.

    --
    Cheers,

    bill
    Bill McCormick, Aug 5, 2005
  15. Jedi Fans said the following on 8/5/2005 4:44 AM:
    > Bill McCormick wrote:
    >
    >> At one point they were the same but that was no better. Before that, I
    >> had tried a single DIV.clearer, but it looked like in Firefox, the
    >> clear: both was not only sending the text clear of the float-ing
    >> image, but clear of the DIV to the right as well. So I tried a
    >> seperate DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me
    >> somewhere closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    > clear:right; on the DIV.rclearer then?

    clear: right for both gives me what I need.

    Problem solved!

    Code and learn.

    Thanks for everybody's help :)

    --
    Cheers,

    bill
    Bill McCormick, Aug 5, 2005
  16. bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Bill McCormick wrote:
    > Jedi Fans said the following on 8/5/2005 4:44 AM:
    >> clear:right; on the DIV.rclearer then?

    > clear: right for both gives me what I need.
    >
    > Problem solved!
    >
    > Code and learn.

    glad it worked for ya :)
    yvw and goood luck :D

    Jedi Fans, Aug 5, 2005
  17. bill

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Bill McCormick quothed:

    > Neredbojias said the following on 8/5/2005 7:01 AM:
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Bill McCormick quothed:
    > >

    > >>So I tried a seperate
    > >>DIV.clearer for left and right, and it seemed to get me somewhere
    > >>closer, but then I had to leave for the day.

    > > Know exactly what you mean. I tried picking-up my cubicle-neighbor's
    > > secretary and it seemed like I was getting closer to her, too, but then,
    > > alas, I had to leave for the day.
    > >

    > If she's better looking than a CRT, I might consider prolonging the day.

    Actually, it's all in the tubes.

    > But then again, there's always mañana.

    I generally stick to plain cigarettes. You may not be as happy, but
    they complement masochistic self-destruction quite well.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2005