DIV height

Gav

I have a container DIV that is 100% height and within that I have an
absolute positioned DIV which contains my page header and has a height of
60px. I would like to have another DIV (document body) within the container
that fills the remaining space in the container (height wise), but if I put
100% the height of the container is applied to the "document body" DIV and
it overlaps the container. Is there another way for me to fill the remaining
container space?

thanks

Gav

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind said:
I have a container DIV that is 100% height and within that I have an
absolute positioned DIV which contains my page header and has a height
of 60px. I would like to have another DIV (document body) within the
container that fills the remaining space in the container (height
wise), but if I put 100% the height of the container is applied to the
"document body" DIV and it overlaps the container. Is there another
way for me to fill the remaining container space?

Fill it with what?

Gav

Neredbojias said:
Fill it with what?

I just want the DIV itself to fill the remaining space. Heres what I have.

<DIV id=wrapper>
<DIV id=header>
</DIV>

<DIV id=menu>
</DIV>

<DIV id=content>
</DIV>
</DIV>

wrapper = width:760px, height:100%
header= width:100%, height: 60px;
menu= width:200px; height: 100%;
content=width:560px; height: 100%;

What I would like is for the menu and content DIV's to fill the space
between the header and the bottom edge of the wrapper regardless of the
amount of content within them. But when I am using height:100% the height of
the wrapper is used so I get an overlap of 60px over the bottom edge.

"Neredbojias" <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html>
wrote in message

I just want the DIV itself to fill the remaining space. Heres what I
have.

<DIV id=wrapper>
<DIV id=header>
</DIV>

<DIV id=menu>
</DIV>

<DIV id=content>
</DIV>
</DIV>

wrapper = width:760px, height:100%
header= width:100%, height: 60px;
menu= width:200px; height: 100%;
content=width:560px; height: 100%;

What I would like is for the menu and content DIV's to fill the space
between the header and the bottom edge of the wrapper regardless of
the amount of content within them. But when I am using height:100% the
height of the wrapper is used so I get an overlap of 60px over the
bottom edge.

Yes. Perhaps you can put the header and menu div (sans 100% height) in
the content div? But you still haven't explained why you want 100%
height.