div layers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by d.schulz81@gmx.net, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi
    I have a typical web design question.
    I built a website out of div layers.

    basically there are three columns:
    MainLeft, MainCenter, MainRight

    MainCenter contains Content out of Text and Images,
    MainLeft and Main Right contain navigation elements on a grey colored
    area,

    The problem is:

    If the content height is bigger than the minimum height, these grey
    colored areas on the left and right are to short and don't range to the
    bottom of the page........

    all of the layers have:

    min-height:640px;
    height:auto;
    (and the layer that ist parent of all three has height:auto as well)

    How can I archieve that layers MainLeft and MainRight are dependent on
    the MainCenter height and all the div layers adjust to the length of
    the content?

    Is it possible with layers or will I hav to do it with tables?

    any comment would be aprechiated.

    Dennis

    , Jul 18, 2006

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > Hi
    > I have a typical web design question.
    > I built a website out of div layers.
    >
    > basically there are three columns:
    > MainLeft, MainCenter, MainRight
    >
    > MainCenter contains Content out of Text and Images,
    > MainLeft and Main Right contain navigation elements on a grey colored
    > area,
    >
    > The problem is:
    >
    > If the content height is bigger than the minimum height, these grey
    > colored areas on the left and right are to short and don't range to the
    > bottom of the page........
    >
    > all of the layers have:
    >
    > min-height:640px;
    > height:auto;
    > (and the layer that ist parent of all three has height:auto as well)
    >
    > How can I archieve that layers MainLeft and MainRight are dependent on
    > the MainCenter height and all the div layers adjust to the length of
    > the content?
    >
    > Is it possible with layers or will I hav to do it with tables?

    You could try enclosing all divs in a relative-positioned outer div and set
    left and right div heights to 100%.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.