div overflow-settings / Problems with IE enlarging parent divs

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Christofer Dutz, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I am having some realy big problems here. My task I actually a quite
    simple one. I am trying to create a page-layout using divs which should
    look like this page, but uses divs instead if iframes

    <iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="content.html"/>

    I managed to get quite far with my div-layout, but everytime my content
    div (with overflow set to auto) is to display a table or just an element
    which is greater than the place usually reserved for the div, the IE
    simply blows up the parent div instead of showing scrolbars. This totaly
    ruines my layout. How can I prevent this from happening?

    Thanks in advance.
    Chris

    Christofer Dutz, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Christofer Dutz

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Christofer Dutz quothed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having some realy big problems here. My task I actually a quite
    > simple one. I am trying to create a page-layout using divs which should
    > look like this page, but uses divs instead if iframes

    > <iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="content.html"/>
    >
    > I managed to get quite far with my div-layout, but everytime my content
    > div (with overflow set to auto) is to display a table or just an element
    > which is greater than the place usually reserved for the div, the IE
    > simply blows up the parent div instead of showing scrolbars. This totaly
    > ruines my layout. How can I prevent this from happening?

    It might be good to post a url delineating your errors so we can advise
    you accordingly.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 29, 2005