div overflow-settings / Problems with IE enlarging parent divs

Christofer Dutz

Hi,

I am having some realy big problems here. My task I actually a quite
simple one. I am trying to create a page-layout using divs which should
look like this page, but uses divs instead if iframes

<iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="content.html"/>

I managed to get quite far with my div-layout, but everytime my content
div (with overflow set to auto) is to display a table or just an element
which is greater than the place usually reserved for the div, the IE
simply blows up the parent div instead of showing scrolbars. This totaly
ruines my layout. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Christofer Dutz quothed:
Hi,

I am having some realy big problems here. My task I actually a quite
simple one. I am trying to create a page-layout using divs which should
look like this page, but uses divs instead if iframes

<iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="content.html"/>

I managed to get quite far with my div-layout, but everytime my content
div (with overflow set to auto) is to display a table or just an element
which is greater than the place usually reserved for the div, the IE
simply blows up the parent div instead of showing scrolbars. This totaly
ruines my layout. How can I prevent this from happening?

It might be good to post a url delineating your errors so we can advise
you accordingly.