DIV overlapping with Gridview

Guest

Hi,
I have a DIV tag which contains a textbox and command button.
I'm having a grid view where EmpID is a hyperlink column.When EmpID is
clicked I want the DIV to be displayed at center as a popup.
The problem is that after clicking EmpID link, DIV tag is coming at the
center but the textbox and command button are over lapping with gridview.
I want to set DIV tag to front and gridview to be back.

Can anybody please help me in this?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hi,
I have a DIV tag which contains a textbox and command button.
I'm having a grid view where EmpID is a hyperlink column.When EmpID is
clicked I want the DIV to be displayed at center as a popup.
The problem is that after clicking EmpID link, DIV tag is coming at the
center but the textbox and command button are over lapping with gridview.
I want to set DIV tag to front and gridview to be back.

Can anybody please help me in this?

Thanks in advance

If you paste some sample markup it will be a lot easier. In any case,
I believe the problem is related to z-index. The overlapping
(overlaying) div should have z-index greater than the z-index of the
gridview. For example:

Content Here

I would also propose another path - coding the stuff yourself, but
rather use 3rd party controls for that. I can suggest:

1) ModalPopup from the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit (free)
http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/ModalPopup/ModalPopup.aspx

2) And the much better and advanced telerik rad Window product
(commercial, costs money)
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Window/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

Guest

Thanks a lot Kevin,
That really helped me
I downloaded the AJAX tool kit and started using it.

But one thing i'm not getting is that why the page is not getting post back
when i'm clicking OK button on the Popup window.

Thanks again
Srini

Kevin

Thanks a lot Kevin,
That really helped me
I downloaded the AJAX tool kit and started using it.

But one thing i'm not getting is that why the page is not getting post back
when i'm clicking OK button on the Popup window.

Thanks again
Srini

I believe you will get answer for this in the ASP.NET AJAX Control
Toolkit forums here - forums.asp.net.