DIV overlapping

mbstevens

Luigi said:
Worod????
Have you heard about "Il nome della rosa"?

The name of the rose? Very popular novel worldwide. (worod wide.)
Made into a passable movie. Refers, at root, to a false cliche.

I've heard about 'anything goes'. Feyerabend, Dirrida, Foucalt, Quine,
etc., etc. Have you heard of 'el Crocko Grande?' How about 'hold your
watches up, boys, it's getting deep.' Radical Relativism in all its
guises. A rose by any other name is Bull.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:

[cut]
The name of the rose? Very popular novel worldwide. (worod wide.)

What about
Umberto Eco as a sociologist and a semiotician?

Although some of those who are concerned with natural sciences may not have
accepted sociology as a science,
there are probably different opinions on this subject. At least it can be
said that sociology and linguistics are taught at university levels as
well..
so they have got a certain status, anyway..

Luigi Donatello Asero

mbstevens said:
How about, Eco is a good entertainer, but semiotics is a crock?

Well, it seems as I have already answered to some extent.
I give high ranking to semiotics.

Stan McCann

Hmm. My suggestion is something like this, then:

<NOT_A_REAL_SUGGESTION>
Luigi, try sticking the HTML in the microwave oven for about 15
seconds. I think your HTML is water logged.
</NOT_A_REAL_SUGGESTION>

Hopefully nebs will recognize the standard "<NOT_A_REAL_SUGGESTION>"
tag and will not process the not real suggestion. But since Luigi
has clearly shown that he ignores standard tags such as this, will
skip over the tag like a 1.0 browser ignoring <style> tags.

LOL That ought to work! LOL

We could all learn Italian and give the bad advise in Italian?
<slapping forhead>Oh yeah, there are other Italians too.

Have you submitted the tag to the W3C for inclusion into standard
recommendations yet? Or is that just an alt.html recommendation?

<still chuckling...>

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Fine. You maintain that Europeans deal with vague questions.
How should I know which questions you mean?

Not at all in the way you mean. Everyone has to deal with vague
questions. It is just that the French (in particular) love them
and run with them like fat men stealing pies...

What is Fred?
Another nickname?

"Fred" is a name, abbreviation for "Frederick" usually. I sometimes
call my windows in javascript or inputs in forms or other things
where it does not matter, "fred"."Fred" is a name, abbreviation
for "Frederick" usually.
I suppose it

As you do not believe in levels of reality, I guess that you do not want
your answers to be perceived as real, do you?

You have a very singular way of thinking Luigi! (Are you quite
sure I can't sign you up for a movie?). It is almost impossible
for me in any ordinary state of mind to see how you can come to
this conclusion. I don't believe in levels of reality. Whatever
is real is as real as anything else. From this, no matter how
hard I try - and I just nicked out to the tool shed and banged
my head eight times with the mallet - I can't get the idea that
I don't want my "answers to be perceived as real". I can't, I
can't and I can't. Honest. Maybe I should try the big vice?

The film I have in mind for you to star in will involve an
Italian in London getting into deliciously exasperating
miscommunications and misunderstandings.

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Not at all in the way you mean. Everyone has to deal with vague
questions. It is just that the French (in particular) love them
and run with them like fat men stealing pies...

"Fred" is a name, abbreviation for "Frederick" usually. I sometimes
call my windows in javascript or inputs in forms or other things
where it does not matter, "fred"."Fred" is a name, abbreviation
for "Frederick" usually.

You have a very singular way of thinking Luigi! (Are you quite
sure I can't sign you up for a movie?).

I agree on that I have an unusual way of thinking. But I am confident that
you understand that if you had had a serious proposal about movies you had
sent this proposal in a different way. To begin with you had written your
real name, your real post adress, telephone number, VAT (if you have a
company) and so on.
That does not mean either that I would accept or that I would not but at
least I could think about it as about a seriuos proposal and not as a joke.
As long as you ask questions this way, I understand that you are joking.

It is almost impossible
for me in any ordinary state of mind to see how you can come to
this conclusion. I don't believe in levels of reality. Whatever
is real is as real as anything else. From this, no matter how
hard I try - and I just nicked out to the tool shed and banged
my head eight times with the mallet - I can't get the idea that
I don't want my "answers to be perceived as real". I can't, I
can't and I can't. Honest. Maybe I should try the big vice?

The film I have in mind for you to star in will involve an
Italian in London getting into deliciously exasperating
miscommunications and misunderstandings.

Woody Allen 2?

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Are we talking about the same thing?

Luigi, I am sending a special envoy to give you a big bear
hug... I have talked to my lawyers and yes, with your agreement,
i can adopt you. (I get you for my film for free this way by the
way...)

-- dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Luigi, I am sending a special envoy to give you a big bear
hug... I have talked to my lawyers and yes, with your agreement,
i can adopt you. (I get you for my film for free this way by the
way...)

-- dorayme

What are you talking about??

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Luigi, I am sending a special envoy to give you a big bear
hug... I have talked to my lawyers and yes, with your agreement,
i can adopt you. (I get you for my film for free this way by the
way...)

-- dorayme

I am not looking for someone who adopts me.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I agree on that I have an unusual way of thinking. But I am confident that
you understand that if you had had a serious proposal about movies you had
sent this proposal in a different way. To begin with you had written your
real name, your real post adress, telephone number, VAT (if you have a
company) and so on.
That does not mean either that I would accept or that I would not but at
least I could think about it as about a seriuos proposal and not as a joke.
As long as you ask questions this way, I understand that you are joking.

Look, your joke about "adoption" seems to be quite strange...(as if the one
about the film had not been enough...)
are you sure that I am the only one whom you misunderstand?
As to me I know that I have an unusual way of thinking
but I am interested in people who accept me as I am..
and not in people who want to supervise, so to say...
Freedom speech is very important..

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I am not looking for someone who adopts me.

Yes, I understand. My lawyer says you have to agree voluntarily.
Your money will then be put under my control but I will allow
you a lot of freedom so that you can have many more nice days...
But there is just one thing that you should know first: you will
be required to take advice without choice on your website. You
can't expect it to be all on your terms Luigi. Be fair.

-- dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero

dorayme said:
Yes, I understand. My lawyer says you have to agree voluntarily.
Your money will then be put under my control but I will allow
you a lot of freedom so that you can have many more nice days...
But there is just one thing that you should know first: you will
be required to take advice without choice on your website. You
can't expect it to be all on your terms Luigi. Be fair.

-- dorayme

1) I am not interested in your proposal.
2) You should try and understand when you should stop joking.
But if you do not, I might filter you soon.
Good bye.

dorayme

From: "Luigi Donatello Asero said:
1) I am not interested in your proposal.
2) You should try and understand when you should stop joking.
But if you do not, I might filter you soon.
Good bye.

OK, Luigi, I will stop joking with you. Anything not to go in
your killfile. I have been in BdeZ's killfile for a while and it
has been a big thing for me learning the ropes down here. Give
me one more chance Luigi.

From ... NOW

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
OK, Luigi, I will stop joking with you. Anything not to go in
your killfile. I have been in BdeZ's killfile for a while and it
has been a big thing for me learning the ropes down here. Give
me one more chance Luigi.

Why are you there? Incongruity? I'm there for being overly-solicitous
to women for the obvious reason. Some people consider such very closely
related to a hose job.

As for Luigi, you have been mean to him, you know. Mean and nasty.
He's not stupid and understands the snide remarks not-so-subtly
interwoven between the lines of your posts. For shame, woman!

JDS

As I have found most of your comments useless, I
might decide to filter you.

Useless!??>!? USELESS???? How dare you?

In any case, in order to fix your HTML div overlapping problem, the
solution is simple. Take one part sodium bicarbonate and one part milk of
magnesia and add to two parts ethylene and one part
dihydroxysodipentamethahydrollenol under high pressure. Set for stun.
Batteries not included. Your mileage may vary.