DIV positioning question

Curious

Is there "simple" way position some DIV in bottom of window, or in bottom of
HTML, what ever happens to be "lower" in screen. I mean that if contents of
page do not fill whole window, I want position DIV in bottom of window, and
if contents do not fit on window, then I want DIV positioned at the end of
HTML (in bottom of page where ever it is)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/ace/testi3/

Here's test thing I made, in smaller window, windowed mode, in IE or opera
footer bar is as should, in the end of page, but if I maximize window
(1024x768 resolution here) it is not anymore in bottom. Is there easy way to
move footer in bottom of page or window without using table with two rows or
something? I try avoid table as layout usually.

Can something like "news" thing (in table on that page) considered as
tabular data? Or should I take table off and use something else as "layout"?
If so, what, any ideas are apreciated.

Also welcome are comments if layout breaks on certain browsers. I have only
tested this thing in Opera 7.23 and IE 6. Any other comments, suggestions,
etc are welcome.

brucie

Is there "simple" way position some DIV in bottom of window, or in bottom of
HTML, what ever happens to be "lower" in screen.

the simplest thing to do would be to place it at the bottom of the main
content. its where most people would expect it to be.

Rocky Moore

Curious said:
[...]

Do not know of a solution that works with Mozilla (of course includes
Netscape) that also works with IE and Opera. This has been one of those
areas that the CSS standard should have addessed better.

Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com