DIV positioning question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Curious, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Curious

    Curious Guest

    Is there "simple" way position some DIV in bottom of window, or in bottom of
    HTML, what ever happens to be "lower" in screen. I mean that if contents of
    page do not fill whole window, I want position DIV in bottom of window, and
    if contents do not fit on window, then I want DIV positioned at the end of
    HTML (in bottom of page where ever it is)

    http://www.kolumbus.fi/ace/testi3/

    Here's test thing I made, in smaller window, windowed mode, in IE or opera
    footer bar is as should, in the end of page, but if I maximize window
    (1024x768 resolution here) it is not anymore in bottom. Is there easy way to
    move footer in bottom of page or window without using table with two rows or
    something? I try avoid table as layout usually.

    Can something like "news" thing (in table on that page) considered as
    tabular data? Or should I take table off and use something else as "layout"?
    If so, what, any ideas are apreciated.

    Also welcome are comments if layout breaks on certain browsers. I have only
    tested this thing in Opera 7.23 and IE 6. Any other comments, suggestions,
    etc are welcome.
    Curious, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Curious

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:brbj28$8on$>
    Curious said:

    > Is there "simple" way position some DIV in bottom of window, or in bottom of
    > HTML, what ever happens to be "lower" in screen.

    the simplest thing to do would be to place it at the bottom of the main
    content. its where most people would expect it to be.

    --
    brucie
    12/December/2003 05:20:17 pm kilo
    brucie, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Curious

    Rocky Moore Guest

    "Curious" <> wrote in message
    > Is there "simple" way position some DIV in bottom of window, or in bottom

    of
    > HTML, what ever happens to be "lower" in screen. I mean that if contents

    of
    > page do not fill whole window, I want position DIV in bottom of window,

    and
    > if contents do not fit on window, then I want DIV positioned at the end of
    > HTML (in bottom of page where ever it is)
    >
    > http://www.kolumbus.fi/ace/testi3/
    >
    > Here's test thing I made, in smaller window, windowed mode, in IE or opera
    > footer bar is as should, in the end of page, but if I maximize window
    > (1024x768 resolution here) it is not anymore in bottom. Is there easy way

    > move footer in bottom of page or window without using table with two rows

    or
    > something? I try avoid table as layout usually.
    >
    > Can something like "news" thing (in table on that page) considered as
    > tabular data? Or should I take table off and use something else as

    "layout"?
    > If so, what, any ideas are apreciated.
    >
    > Also welcome are comments if layout breaks on certain browsers. I have

    only
    > tested this thing in Opera 7.23 and IE 6. Any other comments, suggestions,
    > etc are welcome.

    Do not know of a solution that works with Mozilla (of course includes
    Netscape) that also works with IE and Opera. This has been one of those
    areas that the CSS standard should have addessed better.

    Rocky Moore
    www.HintsAndTips.com
    Rocky Moore, Dec 13, 2003