div problem with IE but not FF why? code posted...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jim S., Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    hi,
    here is the code that am working with, in FF it works like it should to, but
    in IE it is not behaving, so what is the problem , can anyone tell?
    I want the hover to change the background color ( i know it can be done in
    tables and javascript, but i want this to work in this case)
    so can anyone help please,
    thanks

    here is the code.
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    <!--
    #faq a:link {
    display: block;
    }
    #faq a:hover {
    background-color: #009900;
    }
    #faq li {
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    list-style-type: none;
    display: block;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    border-bottom-color: #EEE;
    }
    #faq {
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    }
    #faq ul {
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px;
    }
    #outer {
    width: 200px;
    }
    -->
    </head>

    <h3>link list </h3>
    <ul>
    </ul>

    Jim S., Mar 11, 2006

  2. Jim S.

    Jim Moe Guest

    Jim S. wrote:
    > hi,
    > here is the code that am working with, in FF it works like it should to, but
    > in IE it is not behaving, so what is the problem , can anyone tell?
    > I want the hover to change the background color ( i know it can be done in
    > tables and javascript, but i want this to work in this case)
    > so can anyone help please,

    Add "display:block" to "#faq a:link:hover".

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

    Jim Moe, Mar 11, 2006