div problem with IE but not FF why? code posted...

Jim S.

hi,
here is the code that am working with, in FF it works like it should to, but
in IE it is not behaving, so what is the problem , can anyone tell?
I want the hover to change the background color ( i know it can be done in
tables and javascript, but i want this to work in this case)
so can anyone help please,
thanks

here is the code.
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<!--
#faq a:link {
display: block;
}
#faq a:hover {
background-color: #009900;
}
#faq li {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
list-style-type: none;
display: block;
border-bottom-width: 1px;
border-bottom-style: solid;
border-bottom-color: #EEE;
}
#faq {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}
#faq ul {
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
}
#outer {
width: 200px;
}
-->
</head>

<h3>link list </h3>
<ul>
</ul>

Jim Moe

Jim said:
hi,
here is the code that am working with, in FF it works like it should to, but
in IE it is not behaving, so what is the problem , can anyone tell?
I want the hover to change the background color ( i know it can be done in
tables and javascript, but i want this to work in this case)
so can anyone help please,
Add "display:block" to "#faq a:link:hover".