div problem

rudra

Dear friends,
plz look at the webpage: http://bose.res.in/~rudra/work.html
I requested your help few days back, but this is different issue.
in the middle section, I have an image(as you can see). I tried to
replace the mid-portion of this section in such a way that will have
the light blue back ground and text over it. I feel <div> tag is
suitable to make this...a 2x2 array of div. But what i found in net is
div should not have an align statement. so, how, can I make an array
which looks like
|------------|------------|
| div1 | div2 |
|------------|------------|
| div3 | div4 |
|------------|------------|

Plz help

rudra

I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html

Denis McMahon

I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html

If you're going to use divs, css will have to be part of it.

The following might help get you started, although I'm sure someone who
knows better will come along and explain in great detail what's wrong
with it shortly, probably without suggesting how to make it better.

<head>
content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>4 Cell Layout With CSS</title>
div#toprow {
width:99%;
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:0px;
height:300px;
}
div#bottomrow {
width:99%;
position:absolute;
top:300px;
left:0px;
}
div.left {
width:300px;
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:0px;
}
div.right {
position:absolute;
top:0px;
left:300px;
}
</head>
total width with content.</p>
with content.</p>
and downwards with content.</p>

Rgds

Denis McMahon

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,
rudra said:
Dear friends,
plz look at the webpage: http://bose.res.in/~rudra/work.html
I requested your help few days back, but this is different issue.
in the middle section, I have an image(as you can see). I tried to
replace the mid-portion of this section in such a way that will have
the light blue back ground and text over it. I feel <div> tag is
suitable to make this...a 2x2 array of div. But what i found in net is
div should not have an align statement. so, how, can I make an array
which looks like
|------------|------------|
| div1 | div2 |
|------------|------------|
| div3 | div4 |
|------------|------------|

I dont know css and probably, this is the only time I will work on a
webpage. so, plz tell me in terms of html

In terms of HTML, get what you want to say right, and, since you
are not interested in how to style things with CSS, leave it at
the HTML and put off the desire to style till you come back in
another life to do another webpage. Your pages will be the better
for it. Just list the links in a UL, use some headings and a
couple of paragraphs saying what you do and are interested in
etc. and leave it at that. Plain and simple.

dorayme

Rudra Banerjee said:
Thanks Denis.....its getting better.

The patient looks exactly the same as it did the other day,
complete with heavy shadows under its eyes.