div textfields missing after pressing back button

Ed

Hi,

I have an html page with a div element within a form for dynamically
creating textfields.

The problem is when I click a link on the page, or the submit button,
then click the back button, the new textfields in the div element are
not there anymore.

Does anyone know how this scenario is usually handled?

Thanks,

Ed.

RobG

Ed said:
Hi,

I have an html page with a div element within a form for dynamically
creating textfields.

The problem is when I click a link on the page, or the submit button,
then click the back button, the new textfields in the div element are
not there anymore.

In some browsers dynamically added elements are there when you go
'back', in others not.
Does anyone know how this scenario is usually handled?

Put the data into a form in a hidden iFrame and submit that or use
XMLHttpRequest.

Make sure to let users know what's happening so they don't submit
multiple times thinking that the form didn't submit.

[...]