div Wont Vertically Align

homer

Cheers,

Can someone tell me why the text in top right div wont vertically align to
bottom? CSS vertical-align only works with images in some instances, so I
put it in the html also, but no luck. I also tried a span tag. It always
worked in table cells, but why not in div boxes?
http://wholives.com/temp/css4.html
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Me

Spartanicus

Steve Pugh

homer said:
Can someone tell me why the text in top right div wont vertically align to
bottom?

Because there's nothing in your CSS that could make it do so.
CSS vertical-align only works with images in some instances, so I
put it in the html also, but no luck. I also tried a span tag. It always
worked in table cells, but why not in div boxes?

'vertical-align'
Applies to: inline-level and 'table-cell' elements

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#propdef-vertical-align

You can make the text appear lower down by setting an appropriate
margin-top or padding-top to either the <h1> or the containing div. Or
you can wrap the <h1> and <h2> in another div and absolutely position
that to the bottom of the containing div.

Steve

Richard

Can someone tell me why the text in top right div wont vertically align
bottom? CSS vertical-align only works with images in some instances,
so I
put it in the html also, but no luck. I also tried a span tag. It
always
worked in table cells, but why not in div boxes?
http://wholives.com/temp/css4.html
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Me

Get rid of the <br> tags at the bottom of the code!
Define a height for your menu.
Get rid of the position absolute for the divisions.
use float:left to position them side by side.
For positioning a paragraph at the bottom of a cell try this:

homer

Get rid of the said:
Define a height for your menu.
Get rid of the position absolute for the divisions.
use float:left to position them side by side.

float:left to position div boxes side by side? It works with two objects
in one div, but not two divs. I tried nesting the two divs with the float,
but no luck either.
http://wholives.com/temp/d.html
(internal css)
homer