Dive into Python PDF

Franz Mueller

Hi there,

is there a nicer looking version of the "Dive into Python" PDF?
The one from diveintopython.org looks horrible, much worse than the
web-version; also the images aren't where they should be.

Has anybody tried to create a nice looking version? Maybe using dblatex or
something similar? (I only know of the existence of docbook, never used it
though)

-- Franz

Paul Rubin

Franz Mueller said:
is there a nicer looking version of the "Dive into Python" PDF?
The one from diveintopython.org looks horrible, much worse than the
web-version; also the images aren't where they should be.

The one there looks ok to me, though I'm not sure what it's supposed
to look like. The one weird thing is these pointing-finger symbols
superimposed over the text in various places, when I view the file in
xpdf. I don't know why they're there.

The .doc file looks ok in Open Office though it takes quite a long
time to load.

I don't see any latex files for it, though maybe I'm not looking in
the right place.