dividing master pages

Paulo

Hi, how can I divide a master pages in 4 parts? Header, left menu, right
side (main) and footer? Just like a frame...

On the header will be the a javscript menu, on left a gridview wich the user
clicks a item will load the details records on the right (main)... and on
the footer something like a logo....

Is this possible to be done? Using VS 2005 .net 2.0 C#

Any examples?

Thanks a lot!

Jason

Paulo,

You would just need to have a separate <asp:contentplaceholder /> tag
for each section you wanted to fill in later with a WebForm.

Those Webforms in turn would have to have <asp:content /> tags with
ContentPlaceHolderID equal to the ids from the place holder in the
master page. So if your master page had contentplaceholders with ids
of "header" "main" "menu" and "footer" your webform would have to have
content tags with ContentPlaceHolderIDs of "header" "main" "menu"
"footer"