DIY widgets - How to embed your site on another site

Dr Nic

"I used to wonder how Google AdSense worked. How did those ads from
over at Google get on another site over here? This article ignores how
Google did it and shows you how you can do it. That is, shows you how
to embed JavaScript widgets on other people's websites."

Demonstration and tutorial:
http://drnicwilliams.com/2006/11/21/diy-widgets/

This mightn't be something you want to do today, but might be useful to
at least know how it can be done.

Thoughts + feedback are welcome,
Cheers
Nic