Django/AppEngine DevSoup

John

Sooo I have a windows box... which I like to think is the reason I'm a
django/appengine mess right now.

There's eclipse, pydev, django non-rel, mediagenerator, etc....

Would it be stupid of me to just use the simple, clean notepad++ &
django with aims to port into appengine after I finish in a week? I
don't want to deal with all of the other stuff. Will this come back to
haunt me in 7 days?

Yours frazzled,
John

Gregory Ewing

John said:
There's eclipse, pydev, django non-rel, mediagenerator, etc....

Would it be stupid of me to just use the simple, clean notepad++ &
django with aims to port into appengine after I finish in a week? I
don't want to deal with all of the other stuff. Will this come back to
haunt me in 7 days?

I'd say you definitely don't need Eclipse, and probably
don't need the other stuff.

I've being doing all my Python coding using relatively
dumb text editors for many years, including maintaining
a django-based site, and haven't suffered any hauntings
so far. :)