DJDE File to PDF

Discussion in 'XML' started by Marcelo, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. Marcelo

    Marcelo Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have the following question.

    I have a Xerox DJDE File that I want to convert to PDF.

    I was thinking about generating a XML file from the DJDE file, then use
    a XSLT file to generate a XSL:FO file and use a XSL:FO processor to
    create de PDF file.

    I'm really new with this, so I'd like to know if anybody knows programs
    (preferable free) or the process involved in this transformation, I
    mean if you know about any of this issues:

    1- The way to generate a XML file from a DJDE file. I'm thinking about
    develop a program to do this, but I think is not a very easy task.

    2- The way to generate the XSLT file with the information gathered from
    the DJDE file. or a way to create a XSLT file from any kind of
    specification.

    3- The way to generate the XSL:FO using the XML and the XSLT file. I
    mean some application to use.

    4- And a way to generate the PDF File from the XSL:FO. I think I can
    use FOP but I don't know another way.

    Any further information/consideration I must know about this process.

    I think 2 and 3 are more related to this forum but I ask 1 and 4 too,
    because maybe someone has knowledge about this issues too.

    THANKS A LOT for any help about this issue.

    Regards,

    Marcelo

    Marcelo, Nov 1, 2005