.dll and .pyd

pretoriano_2001

Please, confirm me one thing. According to Python documentation for
Windows the objects .pyd and .dll have the same characteristics. I
observed that in Python24 it does not produce errors when importing
xx.dll or xx.pyd, however in python25b2, it only accepts nto import
xx.pyd.
Best regards.

Ziga Seilnacht

Please, confirm me one thing. According to Python documentation for
Windows the objects .pyd and .dll have the same characteristics. I
observed that in Python24 it does not produce errors when importing
xx.dll or xx.pyd, however in python25b2, it only accepts nto import
xx.pyd.
Best regards.

Yes, this is intentional, see this bug report:
www.python.org/sf/1472566

Ziga