    Regrds

    --
    MCSD not .Net yet :(
    Thanker, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Thanker

    Mythran Guest

    "Thanker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need to rebuild a COM Dll, which is consumed by many ASP pages, and
    >desktop
    > applications. By simply calling the CreateObject,... from each
    > application.
    >

    > The requirment is to use the .Net // C# To do a same funtional DLL,
    >
    > While keeping in mind that it should be still accessable from for all
    > application either ASP pages or desktop applications.
    >
    > So what is the type of the project that should use to rebuild this new
    > (DLL)
    > or Webservice,...
    >
    > Regrds
    >

    > --
    > MCSD not .Net yet :(

    Without redesigning the COM DLL, you'll just create a C# Class Library
    project. Once the C# class is created and you imported all the code
    (copy/paste or through wizard), you will have to make sure you set it up to
    be COM accessible (check the docs).

    HTH,

    Mythran
    Mythran, Jun 1, 2005

  3. Thanker

    Thanker Guest

    The criteria is,
    It should be re-developed totally from scratch,
    So I still need to create it.
    Since the current COM is not functioning properly.

    What is the best project libraray to use?
    --
    MCSD not .Net yet :(

    Thanker, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Thanker

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    As is set, just write your control and tag your class with:
    [ComVisible(true)]

    well truth to tell you don't even need to tag the class as it's visible by
    default.
    however in the ComVisibleAttribute documentation they explain you how to
    register your class, etc...

    Lloyd Dupont, Jun 1, 2005