DLL (COM) with .Net

Thanker

I need to rebuild a COM Dll, which is consumed by many ASP pages, and desktop
applications. By simply calling the CreateObject,... from each application.

The requirment is to use the .Net // C# To do a same funtional DLL,

While keeping in mind that it should be still accessable from for all
application either ASP pages or desktop applications.

So what is the type of the project that should use to rebuild this new (DLL)
or Webservice,...

Regrds

Mythran

Thanker said:
I need to rebuild a COM Dll, which is consumed by many ASP pages, and
desktop
applications. By simply calling the CreateObject,... from each
application.

The requirment is to use the .Net // C# To do a same funtional DLL,

While keeping in mind that it should be still accessable from for all
application either ASP pages or desktop applications.

So what is the type of the project that should use to rebuild this new
(DLL)
or Webservice,...

Regrds

Without redesigning the COM DLL, you'll just create a C# Class Library
project. Once the C# class is created and you imported all the code
(copy/paste or through wizard), you will have to make sure you set it up to
be COM accessible (check the docs).

HTH,

Mythran

Thanker

The criteria is,
It should be re-developed totally from scratch,
So I still need to create it.
Since the current COM is not functioning properly.

What is the best project libraray to use?

Lloyd Dupont

As is set, just write your control and tag your class with:
[ComVisible(true)]

well truth to tell you don't even need to tag the class as it's visible by
default.
however in the ComVisibleAttribute documentation they explain you how to
register your class, etc...