    finally adding the DLLs to my project?

    I hope I explained myself well.

    Thanks.
    pbd22, May 28, 2009

  2. re:
    !> If i have multiple DLLs that require the same library references to
    !> run (for example, all using the MyCompany.Security) namespace and
    !> referencing the same User class, how do I avoid a conflict when I am
    !> finally adding the DLLs to my project?

    Why do you think that would create a DLL conflict ?

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
    http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/
    =================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 28, 2009

  3. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    On May 28, 3:19 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <>
    wrote:
    > re:
    > !> If i have multiple DLLs that require the same library references to
    > !> run (for example, all using the MyCompany.Security) namespace and
    > !> referencing the same User class, how do I avoid a conflict when I am
    > !> finally adding the DLLs to my project?
    >
    > Why do you think that would create a DLL conflict ?
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en españolhttp://asp.net.do/foros/forums/
    > =================================
    >
    > "pbd22" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >
    > > Hi.

    > > If i have multiple DLLs that require the same library references to
    > > run (for example, all using the MyCompany.Security) namespace and
    > > referencing the same User class, how do I avoid a conflict when I am
    > > finally adding the DLLs to my project?

    > > I hope I explained myself well.

    > > Thanks.

    Well, maybe i have the wording wrong. But, when I compile a library
    "into"
    another library and then call the complied library from a class that
    also references the library compiled into the DLL I, of course, get a
    conflict.
    There are two instances of the same class. So, I guess I am asking -
    what is the most graceful way of handling such conditions?
    pbd22, May 29, 2009
  4. re:
    !> when I compile a library "into" another library and then call the complied library
    !> from a class that also references the library compiled into the DLL I, of course,
    !> get a conflict. There are two instances of the same class. So, I guess I am asking -
    !> what is the most graceful way of handling such conditions?

    Merge your classes into a single source file and eliminate duplicate class names.
    Also, you can simply make sure you don't use the same class name in multiple source files.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
    http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/
    =================================

    Juan T. Llibre, May 29, 2009
  5. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    I like the idea of one DLL that contains all the classes and will
    likely do that. But, I think the problem is that I have a web service
    that must consume classes that are also consumed by the Web
    project that calls the web service. In this case, I cannot use the
    same "master" DLL for both the web service and the web project.
    I think your second suggestion of renaming the classes (called by
    the web service) is the only way forward that I can think of (and a
    minor pain in the butt).

    Thanks again.
    pbd22, Jun 10, 2009