dll errors in compiled python program

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alex Hall, Apr 30, 2010.

  1. Alex Hall

    Alex Hall Guest

    Hi all,
    I am stumped. The compiled version of my project works on my pc, but
    when I put it on a thumb drive and try it on a laptop without python
    installed I get this:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "sw.pyw", line 3, in <module>
    File "modes\arm.pyc", line 4, in <module>
    File "dependencies\wmi1_3\wmi.pyc", line 140, in <module>
    File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 5, in <module>
    File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "sw.pyw", line 3, in <module>
    File "modes\arm.pyc", line 4, in <module>
    File "dependencies\wmi1_3\wmi.pyc", line 140, in <module>
    File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 5, in <module>
    File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
    File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

    It repeated it twice in the log file; that is no mistake. The compiled exe is at
    http://www.gateway2soemewhere.com/sw/sw_beta.zip

    Thanks in advance. I will be amazed when this finally works the way it should!!

    --
    Have a great day,
    Alex (msg sent from GMail website)

    Alex Hall, Apr 30, 2010

  2. Alex Hall

    alex23 Guest

    Alex Hall <> wrote:
    > I am stumped. The compiled version of my project works on my pc, but
    > when I put it on a thumb drive and try it on a laptop without python
    > installed I get this:
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

    Are you using py2exe? If so, are you including the necessary MS
    runtime dll[1]?

    1: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step5

    alex23, Apr 30, 2010

  3. Alex Hall

    DonAmit Guest

    You can do this easy by adding this to the options dict in setup.py

    'dll_excludes': [ "mswsock.dll", "powrprof.dll" ]

    source:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1979486/py2exe-win32api-pyc-importerror-dll-load-failed

    -Amit

    DonAmit, May 4, 2011