.dll handling in .net

unni

Hi,
Im a beginner in .net.I want to know how to create .dll files in
..net and handle it.That is how to use dll files in an efficient way in
..net programming.

Unni

Eliyahu Goldin

Unni,

What do you want the dlls to contain? Dotnet compilers produce dlls
containing managed code for code libraries. Applications compile to exe
files. To make a code library, you need to create a project of type "Code
Library" in the language of your choice.

Sandeep

Hi,

You can create Class library, Windows Control Library, Web Control
Library which results in the creation of a dll.
You can also generate the dll at runtime from the code using Reflection
Emit APIs.

Dll's can be load dynamically or can be referenced in the project.
Using Reflection APIs you can load a DLL dynamically into the project.
Web Control Libraries and Windows Control Library can be loaded and
used from the Toolbox provided with VS .Net IDE.

Sandeep Bassi