DLL importing simbols from EXE

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Juan_Antonio_Dom=EDnguez_P=E9rez?=

Hi,
I need to import simbols and classes declared in the executable from
a dll that must be load. The idea is: the executable has declared
classes and static vars. The dll has extern references to the static
vars and the class implementation code.
In Linux/Solaris i do that without any problem, simply making the
executable export all the simbols and making a lazy load of the dll.
¿Can i do the same in Windows? ¿Any flag for compiling the exe or the
dll to solve that? ¿Must i do a second dll which contains the classes
and static vars?

Thanks in advance for your responses, although this can be an offtopic.
If so, please let me know which is the better group to post this question.

Victor Bazarov

Juan Antonio Domínguez Pérez said:
I need to import simbols and classes declared in the executable from
a dll that must be load. The idea is: the executable has declared
classes and static vars. The dll has extern references to the static
vars and the class implementation code.
In Linux/Solaris i do that without any problem, simply making the
executable export all the simbols and making a lazy load of the dll.
¿Can i do the same in Windows? ¿Any flag for compiling the exe or the
dll to solve that? ¿Must i do a second dll which contains the classes
and static vars?

Thanks in advance for your responses, although this can be an offtopic.
If so, please let me know which is the better group to post this question.

DLLs are generally off-topic because they are not defined by the language.
The reason they are not defined is because they are different on different
platforms (out of all platforms that do have dynamic linking).

You should try a newsgroup dedicated to your platform. If it is Microsoft
Windows, see comp.os.ms-windows.programmer. If not, see which ones are
available from your Internet provider. They usually start with "comp.os."

Victor