dll-interface problem

GT

Can anyone help me with this, or perhaps point me to a better newsgroup? I
have a DLL created in Visual C++ v5 and I am trying to use it in a new
Visual Studio .net 2002 application (C++) in the same way as I called it in
my Visual Studio V5 (C+) application. I get the following warnings hundreds
of times. Now, they are only warnings and can be ignored, but the app just
won't run past a DLL class or function call!.

d:\Tassc\Flamingo\Model\ScopeBuffer.h(111): warning C4251:
'ScopeBuffer::m_iAbstraction' : class 'CUIntArray' needs to have
dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'ScopeBuffer'

d:\Tassc\Flamingo\Model\TEDaoTableClass.h(85): warning C4251:
'TEDaoTableClass::m_recordset' : class 'CDaoRecordset' needs to have
dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'TEDaoTableClass'

I did get the same error regarding the CString class, but a web search told
me to add these 2 lines to my stdafx.h and it has fixed the problem. Is
there more lines I can add to my stdafx to fix the CUIntArray class problem
and the CDaoRecordSet problems.

template class __declspec(dllimport) CStringT<TCHAR, StrTraitMFC<TCHAR,
ChTraitsCRT<TCHAR> > >;

template class __declspec(dllimport) CSimpleStringT<TCHAR>;

Have the CUIntArray class and the CDaoDatabase classes gone the same way -
template classes? If so, what do I have to do?!?

Thanks in advance,
GT

Marcus Kwok

GT said:
Can anyone help me with this, or perhaps point me to a better newsgroup? I
have a DLL created in Visual C++ v5 and I am trying to use it in a new
Visual Studio .net 2002 application (C++) in the same way as I called it in
my Visual Studio V5 (C+) application.

The FAQ has a list of some newsgroups you could try:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Try one of the comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.* newsgroups, or
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc on msnews.microsoft.com.