dll-interface problem

Discussion in 'C++' started by GT, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. GT

    GT Guest

    Can anyone help me with this, or perhaps point me to a better newsgroup? I
    have a DLL created in Visual C++ v5 and I am trying to use it in a new
    Visual Studio .net 2002 application (C++) in the same way as I called it in
    my Visual Studio V5 (C+) application. I get the following warnings hundreds
    of times. Now, they are only warnings and can be ignored, but the app just
    won't run past a DLL class or function call!.

    d:\Tassc\Flamingo\Model\ScopeBuffer.h(111): warning C4251:
    'ScopeBuffer::m_iAbstraction' : class 'CUIntArray' needs to have
    dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'ScopeBuffer'

    d:\Tassc\Flamingo\Model\TEDaoTableClass.h(85): warning C4251:
    'TEDaoTableClass::m_recordset' : class 'CDaoRecordset' needs to have
    dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'TEDaoTableClass'

    I did get the same error regarding the CString class, but a web search told
    me to add these 2 lines to my stdafx.h and it has fixed the problem. Is
    there more lines I can add to my stdafx to fix the CUIntArray class problem
    and the CDaoRecordSet problems.

    template class __declspec(dllimport) CStringT<TCHAR, StrTraitMFC<TCHAR,
    ChTraitsCRT<TCHAR> > >;

    template class __declspec(dllimport) CSimpleStringT<TCHAR>;

    Have the CUIntArray class and the CDaoDatabase classes gone the same way -
    template classes? If so, what do I have to do?!?

    Thanks in advance,
    GT
    GT, Aug 25, 2006

  2. GT

    Marcus Kwok Guest

    GT <> wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with this, or perhaps point me to a better newsgroup? I
    > have a DLL created in Visual C++ v5 and I am trying to use it in a new
    > Visual Studio .net 2002 application (C++) in the same way as I called it in
    > my Visual Studio V5 (C+) application.

    The FAQ has a list of some newsgroups you could try:

    Try one of the comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.* newsgroups, or
    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc on msnews.microsoft.com.

    --
    Marcus Kwok
    Replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply
    Marcus Kwok, Aug 25, 2006