dll not being created in asp.net application

Craig

When I do a build,Ctrl-Shift-B from Visual Studio.Net, on the production
server, the dll gets created locally but not added to the production sites
bin directory. It use to work. But when I tried connecting to the production
server one time, I got an error message about the site not being a trusted
site or something. Since then I have not been able to have the dll
automatically added to the bin folder when I click BUILD, BUILD SOLUTION or
Ctrl-Shift-B from Visual Studio.Net

Why did it quit working and what can I do to get it working again?

Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Craig,

Perhaps you should check the Output path to see what's happening or where it
is going?

Go to the project's Properties and then Configuration Properties > Build.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Craig

The folder location is bin\. If I put a folder name before the bin\ like
test\bin\ it saves it in a folder on the web server. Without it saves it
locally on my computer. Any ideas?

Craig said:
When I do a build,Ctrl-Shift-B from Visual Studio.Net, on the production
server, the dll gets created locally but not added to the production sites
bin directory. It use to work. But when I tried connecting to the
production
server one time, I got an error message about the site not being a trusted
site or something. Since then I have not been able to have the dll
automatically added to the bin folder when I click BUILD, BUILD SOLUTION
or
Ctrl-Shift-B from Visual Studio.Net

Why did it quit working and what can I do to get it working again?

Thanks

Lau Lei Cheong

Just add the production server's IP to your trusted zone in Internet Setting
of for
IE. I also got the same message one day and fixed that in this method.

I think this could be side-effect from one of the hot-fixes, but I don't
think this is related to the problem of building project as I was still able
the build projects at that time.

Craig

I fixed it. I deleted the vswebcache files where VS has information about
projects etc. It then had to recreate the "configuration" files and all is
well. It must have gotten changed or corrupted.