.DLL Soucre Code Question

Mr. Cheung

Hi All,

I use .NET 1.1 vbc.exe command :
vbc /r:xxx.dll /t:library test.vb
to general a test.dll.

This library provides some web custom controls for ASP.NET developer use.
I don't use the vbc.exe option "/debug".

Suppose I just only send test.dll file to other people use.

Is it possible other people can see the test.dll source code
with Visual Studio.net through debug mode ?

Is there any other third party tool or tricky method can show .dll source code?

Thanks

Hermit Dave

oh yes there are hell lot of decompilers... :)
they even generate the source into any language you wish to.

you can make it difficult by using a good obfuscator. a stardard version of
one of those ships with visual studio.

for decompilers look up reflector.. its one of the best ones.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)