DLLHOST.exe become large

Venkat_hcl

Hi,

The following is the error keep getting while running web application.
Tools used: HTML, ASP, DLL's(written in Delphi).

Application Error: dllhost.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

Thanks for any help

Regards,
Venkat

Dag Sunde

Venkat_hcl said:
Hi,

The following is the error keep getting while running web application.
Tools used: HTML, ASP, DLL's(written in Delphi).

Application Error: dllhost.exe - Application Error

There is a memory leak and/or bug in one or more of your Delphi DLLs.
We had a couple of business-components written in Delphi which gave us
a lot of problems with memory consuption. (they required the Borlmm.dll
memory manager to be present by the way).

In the end, I gave up to find it, and rewrote the Delphi dlls as a VB
ActiveX dll instead. Spead increased, memory consumption problems
disappeared and stability was restored.

(BTW... I love Delphi, and use it a lot, but not anymore to make
business-logic that is to run under IIS).