    Thanks for any help

    Regards,
    Venkat

    Venkat_hcl, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Venkat_hcl

    Dag Sunde Guest

    "Venkat_hcl" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > The following is the error keep getting while running web application.
    > Tools used: HTML, ASP, DLL's(written in Delphi).
    >
    > Application Error: dllhost.exe - Application Error
    > ---------------------------
    > The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
    > memory could not be "read".
    > Click on OK to terminate the program

    There is a memory leak and/or bug in one or more of your Delphi DLLs.
    We had a couple of business-components written in Delphi which gave us
    a lot of problems with memory consuption. (they required the Borlmm.dll
    memory manager to be present by the way).

    In the end, I gave up to find it, and rewrote the Delphi dlls as a VB
    ActiveX dll instead. Spead increased, memory consumption problems
    disappeared and stability was restored.

    (BTW... I love Delphi, and use it a lot, but not anymore to make
    business-logic that is to run under IIS).

    --
    Dag.

    Dag Sunde, Apr 14, 2005