dll's for phase I and II

Ravi Sankar

Hi,

I have been working in quite a big project that is split
into two phases. The phase I part of ASP.Net web
application is live and under maintenace now. We have
started design of phase II.
I need to now the best startegy to follow, such that phase
II development goes on smoothly when phase I module is
under maintenance. The application dll under the bin
directory is little more than 1 MB now. So i have planned
to start and new project for phase II and reference the
phase I project dll. So have individual projects for each
phases is the best option or do we have any better
development setup.
Appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thanks
S.ravi sankar

Kevin Spencer

Are you using Visual Studio.Net? If so, you can create a second project, add
the first project to the Solution, and reference the first project (not DLL)
in the second. This ensures that whenever you build, you will always be
working with the latest build of your first project, in case you make
changes to it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
The more I learn, the less I know.

ravi sankar

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your advice. Yes, i m using Visual studio.net

Just was wondering if i will have any problems during
deployment of phase II. Actually, phase II is an extension
(built on top) of phase I. So when i deliver phase I the
client expect a single application. So is it possible to
merger the two projects when i release phase II?

Thanks for your kind help.

regards,
s.ravi sankar