DNN and Access

Sara T.

I need to use DNN 3.1.1 with MS Access (.mdb), how can I config to support
this database?

Another question is how can I find the file of access to be used (.MDB)? Can
I create with my self?

Richard Dudley

DNN 3.x does not support Access. The 2.x version did, but that was dropped
with the most recent version.

Since DNN uses a provider model, you could create your own data access layer
for DNN, but it will be a lot of work, and most of the modules you get from
snowcovered won't support Access either.

Sara T.

Does anybody write the provider to access MDB?
Or please give me some guide to start writing.

Richard Dudley

There is good documentation in the DNN installation for the provider model,
and additional information in the two DotNetNuke books available (for your
needs, I'd suggest the one by Shaun Walker, et al).

I do not know if anyone has written a provider for Access, but I have a
feeling it would be a popular option if you decided to sell it at
SnowCovered.