    authorative answer and not just an answer from any old server.

    many thanks in advance.

    martin.
    martin, Jun 25, 2004

  2. You can do some pretty decent DNS stuff with the System.Net.Dns object, but
    there are also some more powerful third-party components that would probably
    save a lot of hand-coding, such as the one at:
    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=1740&tabindex=2

    You should be able to find a ton more over at the www.asp.net control
    gallery just by searching on DNS.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    "martin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to validate an email address from .net. Now before you scream
    > regular expression I would like something a bit better than this.
    >
    > I would like to validate the domain, and maybe lookup to see if the domain
    > has a valid MX record.
    >
    > can anybody tell me if this is possible using .net and if so point me in

    the
    > right direction.
    >
    > If it is possible then would it also be possible to make sure that I get

    an

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jun 25, 2004

  3. martin

    Peter Blum Guest

    Here's another great third party MX record validator:
    http://www.aspnetmx.com

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email:
    http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

    Peter Blum, Jun 25, 2004
  4. martin

    viper

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Monoprog EmailValidator

    I like this .NEt email validator componement monoprog.com/prod/asp_net_components/email_validator_net.aspx
    viper, Oct 29, 2008