Do a "Python beginners e-mail list" exist?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alessandro Brollo, Jul 7, 2005.

  1. Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a
    newbie Python user. Two basic questions:

    1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python
    to main Python list. Does a "banal Python questions
    list" or a "Python beginners list" exist?

    2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to
    be my free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing
    outside the mail list? . The ideal candidate would be
    someone, sharing with me some other fields of interest
    (I'm a middle-aged Italian pathologist, with some
    dBase III and dBase IV past programming experience,
    and I like nature and mainly horses).

    Thanks

    Alessandro Brollo

    ___________________________________
    http://mail.yahoo.it

    Alessandro Brollo, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Alessandro Brollo

    John Machin Guest

    Alessandro Brollo wrote:
    > Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a
    > newbie Python user. Two basic questions:
    >
    > 1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python
    > to main Python list. Does a "banal Python questions
    > list" or a "Python beginners list" exist?

    > 2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to
    > be my free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing
    > outside the mail list?

    See above, where the possibility of one-on-one tutorials is canvassed.

    > The ideal candidate would be
    > someone, sharing with me some other fields of interest
    > (I'm a middle-aged Italian pathologist, with some
    > dBase III and dBase IV past programming experience,
    > and I like nature and mainly horses).

    There are other newsgroups that cater for your interests e.g.
    rec.equestrian -- check out Google groups.

    John Machin, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Giovanni Dall'Olio, Jul 7, 2005
  4. On 2005-07-07, Alessandro Brollo <> wrote:

    > Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a newbie Python
    > user. Two basic questions:
    >
    > 1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python to main
    > Python list.

    Go ahead. We're really quite nice. Extraordinarily so by
    Usenet standards.

    > Does a "banal Python questions list" or a "Python
    > beginners list" exist?

    There's a tutor list:

    > 2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to be my
    > free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing outside the mail
    > list? . The ideal candidate would be someone, sharing with
    > me some other fields of interest (I'm a middle-aged Italian
    > pathologist, with some dBase III and dBase IV past
    > programming experience, and I like nature and mainly
    > horses).

    I guess I'm out, the only thing I can claim is middle-age. :)

    We generally encourange questions to be posted in public forums
    such as the tutor list or c.l.p so that others can benefit from
    the exchange as well. No matter what you ask, somebody else
    will someday want to know the same thing, and Google will find
    them the answer if it's in a public forum.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! He is the
    at MELBA-BEING... the ANGEL

    Grant Edwards, Jul 7, 2005