    Could you please share some of your knowledge related to this issue? :)

    WBR,
    Dmitry.
    Dmitry Bond., Aug 23, 2005

  2. Dmitry Bond.

    Mona Guest

    Hello Dmitry,

    In such a case, it is best to turn off indexing for the asp.net cache folders, particularly the one you mentioned:

    {disk}:\Documents and Settings\{UserID}\VSWebCache\{ComputerName}

    and C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

    To do so, right click on "My Computer" > Manager. Expand the "Services and Applications" tree > Indexing Service > System > Directories

    And add the above two folders to the list there, mentioned that they should not be included in the catalog.

    HTH

    Mona[Grapecity]

    Mona, Aug 23, 2005

  3. Dmitry Bond.

    Dmitry Bond. Guest

    Hello.

    Thank you for answer.

    I have applied configuration changes you recommended.
    But I have a question - does it matter that "Indexing Service" service is not started on my computer at all?
    Btw, as far as I know this service is not configured by start automatically by default on Win2k...

    WBR, Dmitry.
    "Mona" <> wrote in message news:...
    Hello Dmitry,

    In such a case, it is best to turn off indexing for the asp.net cache folders, particularly the one you mentioned:

    {disk}:\Documents and Settings\{UserID}\VSWebCache\{ComputerName}

    and C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

    To do so, right click on "My Computer" > Manager. Expand the "Services and Applications" tree > Indexing Service > System > Directories

    And add the above two folders to the list there, mentioned that they should not be included in the catalog.

    HTH

    Mona[Grapecity]
    [...]
    Dmitry Bond., Aug 24, 2005