Do anybody experienced caching problems in VS.Net?

Dmitry Bond.

Hello All.

Do anybody experienced caching problems when working in VS.Net 2002/2003?
I mean - problems when Asp.Net application during the development process
starts to work incorrectly until VS.Net closed and the "{disk}:\Documents
and Settings\{UserID}\VSWebCache\{ComputerName}" folder cleaned up
completely.
After this action performed I can open my Asp.Net project again and all
things will works fine again.

I'm trying to find reasonable explanation for this strange behaviour of
VS.Net but still not found anything about this issue.
Perhaps you know something about it.
Could you please share some of your knowledge related to this issue? :)

WBR,
Dmitry.

Mona

Hello Dmitry,

In such a case, it is best to turn off indexing for the asp.net cache folders, particularly the one you mentioned:

{disk}:\Documents and Settings\{UserID}\VSWebCache\{ComputerName}

and C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

To do so, right click on "My Computer" > Manager. Expand the "Services and Applications" tree > Indexing Service > System > Directories

And add the above two folders to the list there, mentioned that they should not be included in the catalog.

HTH

Mona[Grapecity]

Dmitry Bond.

Hello.

Thank you for answer.

I have applied configuration changes you recommended.
But I have a question - does it matter that "Indexing Service" service is not started on my computer at all?
Btw, as far as I know this service is not configured by start automatically by default on Win2k...

WBR, Dmitry.
Hello Dmitry,

In such a case, it is best to turn off indexing for the asp.net cache folders, particularly the one you mentioned:

{disk}:\Documents and Settings\{UserID}\VSWebCache\{ComputerName}

and C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

To do so, right click on "My Computer" > Manager. Expand the "Services and Applications" tree > Indexing Service > System > Directories

And add the above two folders to the list there, mentioned that they should not be included in the catalog.

HTH

Mona[Grapecity]
[...]