Do breakpoints work when the code behind is included in the aspx file

AAaron123

I'm having a problem getting

onclick="window.location.href...

to open a page.

The aspx file contains both the XHTML andthe VB script.

The file begins as follows:

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Main.master" Title="Untitled Page"
AutoEventWireup="false" %>

<script runat="server">

Handles Me.Load

If Not IsPostBack Then

I put a break point on the If but it never gets there.

Now I'm wondering if breakpoints work when the code behind is included in
the aspx file rather than in a aspx.vb file.

Do they?

Thanks

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

Instead of using <script runat="server"> use the server code tage <% %>

Meaning, you should use somethig like

<%
System.EventArgs)
Handles Me.Load

If Not IsPostBack Then

%>

--

Thank You,
Nanda Lella,

AAaron123

I tried to look that up but can't find any documentation.
How does <% %> differ from <script runat="server"> ?

Thanks

AAaron123

I often noticed that a problem looking things up is often stems from not
knowing the correct terms.

Thanks