Do i need a framework??? [newby question]

Rodrigo Cortés

I want to write some scripts to render html pages on a web server. Do
i need a framework like ror to do that?? or can i just put this script
on my webroot directory and call it from a browser???
I have lighttpd web server.

Kind regards.

Marc Heiler

Rodrigo said:
I want to write some scripts to render html pages on a web server. Do
i need a framework like ror to do that?? or can i just put this script
on my webroot directory and call it from a browser???
I have lighttpd web server.

Kind regards.

Depends on your needs. At any rate I recommend you to try out ramaze, it
is lightweight but very flexible and very actively maintained.

Btw you can still use a .cgi page without a problem too. And Webrick
exists out-of-the-box as well, for smaller pages it is very good.