Do I need to Install ASP.NET 1.1 ??

Mike

I posted this to a general asp newsgroup and was
referred here.....

I have a win2K server that runs my web sites. I need
to use ASP.net on one of my sites. I am just learning
about ASP.net and found that I cannot run ASP.net
formated pages on my server the way that it is.

If I am not mistaken, I need to install ASP.NET 1.1

Is this correct? If so, will all of my other sites that
use ASP still work the same, or will they have to
be rebuilt?

Mike

Sanjay Tibrewal

You need to install the .NET framework. Your ASP sites should continue to
run unaffected.

Sanjay.

David Browne

Mike said:
I posted this to a general asp newsgroup and was
referred here.....

I have a win2K server that runs my web sites. I need
to use ASP.net on one of my sites. I am just learning
about ASP.net and found that I cannot run ASP.net
formated pages on my server the way that it is.

If I am not mistaken, I need to install ASP.NET 1.1

Is this correct?

Yes you must install the .NET framework 1.1
If you have IIS installed, that will install ASP.NET.
If so, will all of my other sites that
use ASP still work the same, or will they have to
be rebuilt?

They should work fine. ASP.NET is a different ISAPI extension, and doesn't
share anyting with classic ASP. I run both all the time, and I've never had
a problem.

David