Do I use web services or .Net remoting

Samy

Hi There,

I need advise on what I shud implement for one of the requirements I
have. I have a web application which scans a user's computer for some
information. Every now and then (frequency) this application is
supposed to send this data to the database. I have tried to use a timer
to do this, but in IIS 6.0, timers doesn't seem to fire the elapsed
event handler. So I need to implement something that listens from the
web application (always listenening to this application) and send data
to the DB if it has received any. So something has to always listen and
something has to update the database. I am new to web services and .Net
remoting and also threads. Can somebody please point me in a correct
direction?

Any suggestions are greatly aprreciated!!

Thanks.