Do MasterPages and WebParts not mix!

Guest

I can't seem to find a way to add webparts on a page that is using a
MasterPage. Just wanted to confirm that before I move away from that design.
Thanks
Jav

Brock Allen

They mix just fine. The thing you must keep in mind id that the master page
is really just a child control of the page. The other thing is that WebParts
(by default) persist their settings per-page in the database. So yes they
work just fine together, but I suspect that's not how you wanted them to
work together.