Do most people use the regular old DataGrid?

jm

I have only made on asp.net vb.net application and used the "regular"
DataGrid control. I found later there is a MSDataGrid and different
controls. What do most people use? I am already behind the times
enough. I want to make sure I am using what is appropriate. I have a
typical three-tier approach. Front end webpage, backend database,
client get the webpage, et cetera, et cetera. Thanks for input.

Kevin Spencer

Your question is impossible to answer. The reason that there are so many
different kinds of Controls for displaying data is that there are so many
different scenarios for displaying data. You need to understand what each
Control does, and choose the Control or combination of Controls that is most
appropriate for the specific task you are performing.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

jm

Let me ask another way. Do most people use the stock Microsoft
DataGrid and other controls? I do not want to use third-party
software. I want to stay with Microsoft's stuff.